The Nomadic Office.
Image: Migrant Skyscrapers Roll Up City Streets Inside Giant Wheels (Damian Przybyła, Rafał Przybyła)
To create a decentralized (Nomadic) office environments, providing greater potential in terms of:
- Flexibility in use of space and time
- Location of office less constrained
- Office becoming engaged with urban social functions
- Reuse of existing buildings (Parasite) fabrics and resources i.e. electricity, waste, staff etc.
- The ‘parasite’ has possibilities to:
- Transfer energy from one system to another, creating new systems
- Bring society and urban structures together
- Look for the boundaries between possibilities and admissibility’s
- Rapidly changing desires of society into urban space
- Adaptive to social needs
- Blurring the boundary between work and private life
- Identify key nodes within canary wharf and the surrounding area in which the nomadic office can be situated and networked both physically and virtually